In honor of Halloween, i'd like to share 5 interesting facts about my little black cat Pixie!
1. She has a little, skinny face and a big belly. Admittedly, I feed her too much. I can't handle that little meow when she follows me into the bathroom and I always give her some food. She's kinda swayback too, her back sinks in and then her belly almost scoots on the floor as she runs. It's a funny sight.
2. She's a BIG scaredy cat. She's even still scared by sudden movements I make. She likes to be dominant and in control. She's not scared of me when I'm in a normal spot like my bed or computer chair (where she can relax right next to me in her own chair). She also isn't timid when I sit on the couch. I've used her as a head pillow before and she doesn't mind, but the minute I turn around to face her, she darts right off the back of the couch.
3. She doesn't really like meat like chicken, tuna, new foods, etc. If I ever pick off a little piece of mine to give her, she just sniffs and goes on her way. Not very interested at all, though she did dig a few small nibbles of Kraft cheese I gave her once.
4. She has a few favorite spots...she loves sitting in her chair in front of my bedroom window, under my bed, and on my shelf in my closet. Otherwise, she's very random and unpredictable in the places she chooses to be.
5. She's so good when it comes to not bothering stuff. I've never had her bother my Christmas tree or had her knock stuff off. She doesn't get on counters or tables very often...only caught her doing that a time or two. She does occasionaly play with buttons/craft supplies she finds that she can cup into her paws. She's not much into store bought toys. The favorite thing that I know she likes are some little plastic cherries that I have on a dish. She can bat those for hours and never get tired of it!
Bonus: I think she goes to do the door after I leave and sits there for a little bit. I've had to rush back in to get stuff before and I always find that she is running away from the door. Does this mean she misses me? I don't know, but I kinda do like the thought. It's sweet (and swell).
I hope you enjoyed these my little black cat factoids. She's really a very sweet girl to me (other people find her shyness and scaredy cat nature kinda annoying). She's definitely going to be found safe and sound inside my apartment on Halloween! I've heard that people do awful things to little black kitties on that day. Sad.
Until next time Swellions!