I am a big COLOR girl, I love everything bright, colorful, and fun. Just because the traditional Halloween pumpkin may be orange, doesn't mean it has to be! I whipped out my glitter, paint, and paintbrushes and decided to transform my pumpkin into a Rainbow glitter pumpkin!
Rainbow Glitter Pumpkin
What you need:
–Pumpkin (mine was a medium-sized one)
– Tulip 3D Paints or Scribble 3D paints in ROYGBIV colors (7 in all)
– rainbow glitter (I used Tulip® Fashion Glitter)
– foam brushes
– water bin
– paper towels
– box top or surface for catching glitter
– paper plate or palette
What you do:
1. Squeeze out your paints onto palette. Use foam brush to form first stripe on pumpkin. Paint from top to bottom of pumpkin. I even painted the stem! If you feel uncomfortable about making your rainbow rays even, mark off 7 sections with a pencil.
2. Immediately sprinkle on corresponding glitter color. Shake off excess into your box top.
3. Brush off excess glitter with clean paintbrush. That way you can move onto your next paint basecoat and glitter color.
4. Let dry. Spray with acrylic sealer if desired!
Here's another fun shot! If you paired two pumpkins together, you'd have Double Rainbow pumpkins!
Hope you liked this bright and cheery project. Check out some of my other fun Halloween crafts in my sidebar features!
Until next time Swellions!
P.S. I linked this up to the following linky parties:
Weekend Wrapup at Tatertots&Jello
Tip Junkie Tip Me Tuesday