Before you begin:
Make sure to drink your go-go juice before starting this project. It will give you the energy you need to give your best pumpkin performance.
For this project, you'll need:
– A sense of humor as big as Honey Boo Boo's
– Photo printout of Alana to go by
– Small-medium round orange pumpkin (for a nice spray tan look)
– plastic tiara
– couple hair ponytail extensions (one flat/banged and one curly)
– various paints and Puffy paints
– Paper towels (Mama June would approve)
– liner brushes
– light brown marker
– ribbon and rhinestones (optional, if you want to adorn the base of the pumpkin)
1. I started out by using a light colored marker to draw the features from the photo I printed out. This gave me a basic guideline for my painting.
3. The final step was to add the hair accessories. I put the banged piece on first, then added the curly ponytail accent next. I positioned the crown on top and teased the hair to be pageant ready. Now, I didn't decide to glue this down. I might decide to use those ponytail accents one day for a pageant of my own (they weren't cheap). You can glue them down if you feel a need to better secure them though.
That's it! Now it's time to put her on display for the neighborhood to see! Believe me, she's gonna be the talk of the block come trick or treat time!
Until next time Swellions!